And don't forget that old time democratic slogan here in Shitcago:
VOTE EARLY AND OFTEN...
Here's the video in case you haven't seen it.
Mayor Richard Daley has said some pretty outrageous things. Which quote stands out most to you?
- On the gun ban: "If I put this up your butt, you'll find out how effective it is. Let me put a round up your, you know."
- On health crackdown: "If a rat is on your sandwich, you hope to know it before. If a mouse is on your salad, it's common sense."
- On the casual look: "If somebody takes their tie off, I'm not going to take my tie off. If somebody takes their pants off, I'm not going to take my pants off."
- On Hartigan losing gubernatorial nominee: "I supported him. I raised money for him. What else do you want me to do? Take my pants off?"
- On his brother dropping a bid for governor: "Scrutiny? What else do you want? Do you want to take my shorts? Give me a break...Go scrutinize yourself! I get scrootened every day, don't worry, from each and every one of you. It doesn't bother me."
- On friends winning contracts: "Wha! Wha Wha! Wha! Wha! Wha!"
- On state funding, but misspelling a key word: "The state of Illinois funds those centers. We did not cut. They have cut state mental health facilities all over the state. That is state money. Underline that. S-A-T-E money. It's called state money ..."
- On Disney World having a no-fly zone: "Now, think of that; Mickey and Minnie have it. I mean, I can't believe that. They get it first before we get it?"
- On civil libertarians complaining about police harassment: "It's just a group of people, yuppies and yippies and hoppies or whatever they call them, I don't know. Who are they? Are they worried about the moon coming out or something? The sun is changing and I don't know. This is unbelievable
- On railroad safety: "They have a responsibility, they can't get away with it. I mean, they stole the land from the Indians. They took all that land. They got it free from us."
- On capital punishment: "I'm pro death! I'm a death-penalty opponent!"
- On sexy music videos: "Sometimes the music jumps down from the television and sits right next to you at the bar."
- On a City Hall crime package's defeat: "Well, you just pick up your face, and you keep on walking."
- On Ald. Patrick Huels' resignation: "It's a wake-up call, I said to me."
- On the airport toilet seat cover contract: "Toilet seats are good." chicagotribune.com for the companion column