> Obama Regime Report < Obama Regime Report: NFL reinstates Michael Vick on conditional basis

Today's world headlines

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

NFL reinstates Michael Vick on conditional basis

What condition is that I wonder, no more of this:

See the surviving animals in this National Geographic Video


In all seriousness it means basically he is back in the NFL on a gradual reinstatement basis, which is probably just a bunch of PR bullspit than anything, in order to keep those against his reinstatement happy to an extent.. I myself happen to think that while what he did was pretty bad and a said that here and here , he's now done the time he received for the offenses, so now he, like anyone else in this country deserves another chance, and as long as some team is willing to provide it he should take it.

If not it's off to whatever he does after this.

I think America can be pretty certain this guy won't go back to abusing animals like he did in this lifetime and there's still the chance that he's lost his playing skill and simply won't make any team in his hoped for comeback, so I'm sure we'll all see the results from here on out..

It's just too bad part of the sentence wasn't a game with a fence around the field, containing 11 pit bulls and him and few friends, resulting in something like this (little joke, good luck to the guy from here)

NFL reinstates Michael Vick on conditional basis -

CNN.com: "(CNN) -- Nearly two years after he pleaded guilty to a federal charge of bankrolling a dogfighting operation at a home he owned in Virginia, Michael Vick was reinstated to the National Football League on a conditional basis, according to an NFL statement Monday.

Vick "will be considered for full reinstatement and to play in regular-season games by Week 6 based on the progress he makes in his transition plan," the statement said. Week 6 of the NFL season is in October.


Vick may participate in practices, workouts and meetings and may play in his club's final two preseason games under the conditions of his reinstatement, the league said.


Vick, in a statement, thanked the league's commissioner and former Indianapolis Colts coach Tony Dungy, who has served as his mentor.


"I would like to express my sincere gratitude and appreciation to Commissioner [Roger] Goodell for allowing me to be readmitted to the National Football League," Vick said in a statement. "I fully understand that playing football in the NFL is a privilege, not a right, and I am truly thankful for the opportunity I have been given."


Vick, 29, was freed from federal prison at Leavenworth, Kansas, on May 20 and returned to his home to serve the last two months of his 23-month sentence in home confinement.


Vick also said in his statement that he is re-evaluating his life after the "terrible mistakes" he made.


"As you can imagine, the last two years have given me time to re-evaluate my life, mature as an individual and fully understand the terrible mistakes I made in the past and what type of life I must lead moving forward," Vick said in the statement. "Again, I would like to thank the commissioner for the chance to return to the game I love and the opportunity to become an example of positive change."


The former Atlanta Falcons player is a free agent and has not been signed by any team. Goodell said he was not involved in any negotiations between Vick and a team.





Share/Bookmark

The urge to save humanity is always a false front for the urge to rule it. H. L. Mencken

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some rules: No leftwing attacks nor Obama supporters so don't waste you're time & especially mine. All 99% others welcome to have your say.

Google
 
Web chicagoray.com
chicagoray.blogspot.com

One last thing...Fair Use, Photoshop Usage, Legal

Statement on Fair Use

This site may contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner or may be authorized or licensed for publication at this site only. Permission to copy, republish or reproduce such material must be obtained from the original copyright owner PHOTOSHOP STUFF.....When the photoshops appear on this site they either have my name on them becuase I made them or tweaked an original in which case I link to the original by clicking the pic. Please take all you want, that's why they're here, just leave the name as is like I do, and I would be eternally grateful. Ask and I'll tweak it for your site if you need it... More here


Back To The Page Top