> Obama Regime Report < Obama Regime Report: Rehabbed Patrick Kennedy 'Feels Good'

Today's world headlines

Tuesday, June 6, 2006

Rehabbed Patrick Kennedy 'Feels Good'

It has always amazed me how the Hollywood and Political "well to do" can skate through a 30 day stint at Mayo or Betty Ford or in the case of Chicagoans like myself the now defunct Parkside clinic and they are miraculously cured of all evils that they came in the door with.

One case of a not so rosy ending that comes immediately to mind is the ongoing sad saga of Dwight Gooden, who , in spite of relentless support from those around him has been unable to kick a devastating crack cocaine habit despite year after year of drying out spells and breaks provided to him be it through the judicial system or his former employer George Steinbrenner. Poor tortured soul the Doc is and deserves sympathy any way you slice it.

Yet, here is Patrick Kennedy, a self admitted lifetime chronic drug and alcohol abuser that is not only a man out of control who is not a just a baseball player or average joe, but a lawmaker elected by his New England constituency to go to Washington and carry out the business of the people that placed him in such a glorious position of power.

And in less time that it takes to pay off a late cable bill or lose a bad case of the flu, Mr. Kennedy does a 29 day stay at the Mayo Clinic after many years of similar transgressions, and is miraculously able to return to his position of power after this Washington DC incident unpunished and untarnished as if nothing ever happened.

Call me an asshole, as many do, but I find it incredulous that he is in any condition to return to the halls of congress as a representative of the people. Particularly that if he were to arrested, tried and convicted of what you and I would have been after a similar incident, he would be doing 6 months in the local jail, spending upwards of $5000 for drug and alcohol aftercare classes, fines andlegal fees, attending AA meetings 2 to 3 times a week to stay sober to be able to drive again legally.

How would I know you ask? 'Cause I myself have been there done that as they say, and you can rest assured I didn't recieve the PK Treatment nor am I as important to the country as a congressman is supposed to be..

FOXNews.com - Rehabbed Patrick Kennedy 'Feels Good' - Politics "PROVIDENCE, R.I. — U.S. Rep. Patrick Kennedy said Monday he was feeling good after nearly a month in drug rehabilitation and was looking forward to getting back to work.

'I can tell you today, I feel confident about my health, positive about my future, and passionate about my work representing the people of Rhode Island,' the Rhode Island Democrat said in a speech at Brown University on the future of mental health care and addiction treatment.

It was his first public appearance since being released Friday from the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn."


Share/Bookmark

The urge to save humanity is always a false front for the urge to rule it. H. L. Mencken

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some rules: No leftwing attacks nor Obama supporters so don't waste you're time & especially mine. All 99% others welcome to have your say.

Google
 
Web chicagoray.com
chicagoray.blogspot.com

One last thing...Fair Use, Photoshop Usage, Legal

Statement on Fair Use

This site may contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner or may be authorized or licensed for publication at this site only. Permission to copy, republish or reproduce such material must be obtained from the original copyright owner PHOTOSHOP STUFF.....When the photoshops appear on this site they either have my name on them becuase I made them or tweaked an original in which case I link to the original by clicking the pic. Please take all you want, that's why they're here, just leave the name as is like I do, and I would be eternally grateful. Ask and I'll tweak it for your site if you need it... More here


Back To The Page Top