> Obama Regime Report < Obama Regime Report: Guitar Players Everywhere...." Guitar legend Les Paul dies at age 94"

Today's world headlines

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Guitar Players Everywhere...." Guitar legend Les Paul dies at age 94"

That's me with one of my guitars, this one, my Alpine White Gibson Les Paul, which happens to be one of my favorite things, along with most valuable and cherished possessions. The reason I show this about 8 month old pic before losing 30 lbs is to pay homage to the only reason I and millions of other guitar players have these wonderful guitars to play and cherish as I do.

That of course would be because of one man, really one man only, and that man happens to be this guy here for those not in tune with the music culture and wayback history, which is ok.......

The One and Only Les Paul, who just died minutes ago at 94 years old, and this happens to be the first story over the wire about this legendary man and his passing this morning...and being in somewhat of a hurry right now, I'll add more about this man as the day goes on.

And btw...he died in White Plains New York where my father was born and I myself lived as a kid for a couple years..
Guitar legend Les Paul dies at age 94: "7 minutes ago

WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. — Les Paul, the guitarist and inventor who changed the course of music with the electric guitar and multitrack recording and had a string of hits, many with wife Mary Ford, died on Thursday. He was 94.

According to Gibson Guitar, Paul died of complications from pneumonia at White Plains Hospital. His family and friends were by his side.

As an inventor, Paul helped bring about the rise of rock 'n' roll and multitrack recording, which enables artists to record different instruments at different times, sing harmony with themselves, and then carefully balance the 'tracks' in the finished recording."

Here's Chet Atkins and Les Paul as Les (sitting) starts with "Birth of the Blues" and Chet joins in.

Good stuff.


Then this is Jimmy Page demonstrating in a jam with the Black Crowes what the best can do when a Gibson Les Paul is strapped around their necks.....



Share/Bookmark

The urge to save humanity is always a false front for the urge to rule it. H. L. Mencken

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some rules: No leftwing attacks nor Obama supporters so don't waste you're time & especially mine. All 99% others welcome to have your say.

Google
 
Web chicagoray.com
chicagoray.blogspot.com

One last thing...Fair Use, Photoshop Usage, Legal

Statement on Fair Use

This site may contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner or may be authorized or licensed for publication at this site only. Permission to copy, republish or reproduce such material must be obtained from the original copyright owner PHOTOSHOP STUFF.....When the photoshops appear on this site they either have my name on them becuase I made them or tweaked an original in which case I link to the original by clicking the pic. Please take all you want, that's why they're here, just leave the name as is like I do, and I would be eternally grateful. Ask and I'll tweak it for your site if you need it... More here


Back To The Page Top