> Obama Regime Report < Obama Regime Report: Burris taped offering a check to Blagojevich, What A Surprise

Today's world headlines

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Burris taped offering a check to Blagojevich, What A Surprise

This has been tainted from the very start and now the proof is starting to appear. This will all lead back to Obama's crew eventually without a doubt.

He's nothing more than a first rate crook and he'll be wishing he was buried in this thing sooner than later once this all washes out....


This whole Illinois group is so obviously tainted from top to bottom that anyone who believes Obama is the only squeaky clean man to come out of the Illinois swamp needs some serious head examination. I can't believe that the way things seem to work is that these people are given the benefit of the doubt which is the way the system is supposed to work, innocent before proven guilty

But past behavior in Illinois politics should lead the media people to examine these connection with fine toothed combs and we all know they don't and that's how Obama slipped through these mile wide cracks

Media malpractice as Burris, Obama, Blagojevich , Rush, their all thick as thieves. Just listen and or read this corrupt and slime filled conversation between Burris and the Blago crew, Burris was put up as the best Illinois could offer, this self centered lifetime politico who was the first black this, black that etc etc.....


Burris taped offering a check to Blagojevich - Chicago Breaking News

"A transcript of a secretly recorded phone call between the brother of former Gov. Rod Blagojevich and U.S. Sen. Roland Burris was released in federal court today, a call in which Burris, then seeking the Senate seat, was recorded offering the Blagojevich campaign a campaign check

'I know I could give him a check,' Burris said. 'Myself.'

But in the same call, Burris tells Robert Blagojevich he is concerned he and Rod Blagojevich will 'catch hell.'

'And if I do get appointed that means I bought it,' Burris said.

'And, and God knows number one, I, I wanna help Rod,' Burris says later in the call. 'Number two, I also wanna, you know, hope I get a consideration to get that appointment.'"

Burris was recorded saying the timing would be crucial to how the fundraising would be perceived.

"And however that goes, ah, it would dictate, ah, you know how the press treats it," he said.

"Understand," Rob Blagojevich answered.

"'Cause man, I, I will be, you know we both would be profiled," Burris continued. "And we don't need that."

A federal judge on Tuesday gave prosecutors permission to turn over the recorded conversation to the Senate Ethics Committee, which has launched a review of Burris's conduct prior to his appointment by Blagojevich.

Burris did not specifically mention offering Blagojevich a check in affidavits he filed in Springfield in connection with hearings on Blagojevich's impeachment. On a "good will" tour around the state in February, Burris addressed a conversation he had with Blagojevich's brother, Robert, during the fall timeframe.

"So some time shortly after Obama was elected, the brother called," Burris said then. "And now in the meantime, I'd talked to some people about trying to see if we could put a fundraiser on. Nobody was -- they said we aren't giving money to the governor. And I said, 'OK, you know, I can't tell them what to do with their money.'

"So when the [governor's] brother called me back, I said, 'Well, look Rob ... I can't raise any money from my friends. I said, maybe my partner and I, you can talk this over and see, could we go to some other people that we might be able to talk to that would help us out if we give -- because we give a fundraiser in the law office, nobody going to show up. We'll probably have a thousand dollars for you or something to that effect.'"

Read the order allowing the government to turn over Burris' recorded conversation HERE.

Read the government motion and transcript of the secretly recorded phone call HERE.



Share/Bookmark

The urge to save humanity is always a false front for the urge to rule it. H. L. Mencken

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some rules: No leftwing attacks nor Obama supporters so don't waste you're time & especially mine. All 99% others welcome to have your say.

Google
 
Web chicagoray.com
chicagoray.blogspot.com

One last thing...Fair Use, Photoshop Usage, Legal

Statement on Fair Use

This site may contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner or may be authorized or licensed for publication at this site only. Permission to copy, republish or reproduce such material must be obtained from the original copyright owner PHOTOSHOP STUFF.....When the photoshops appear on this site they either have my name on them becuase I made them or tweaked an original in which case I link to the original by clicking the pic. Please take all you want, that's why they're here, just leave the name as is like I do, and I would be eternally grateful. Ask and I'll tweak it for your site if you need it... More here


Back To The Page Top