> Obama Regime Report < Obama Regime Report: This Chicagoan Sad To See Pontiac Hit The Skids

Today's world headlines

Monday, April 27, 2009

This Chicagoan Sad To See Pontiac Hit The Skids

I was one those young gold chain wearing "Guido" guys in the 80's, and nothing came between me and my first 2 cars, my first this 1977/8 Trans Am that I loved more than life itself in my high school years in '81-'83.

Hundreds of dates and party times in this car that was a mainstay at the local drive in here in Wheeling Illinois known as the Twin that was one of the last ones in the country to finally close.

That's an experience that kids today would love I would think although with today's tech and all people would be on their phones and laptops watching other movies and all this other crap so definately a dinosaur never to return like most of those best days in America that are long gone.

Then when that car was smashed by an accident that was not caused by myself but a retired cop who ran a red light as I was exiting an intersection on the yellow, making a left hand turn while arguing with my girlfriend at the time....I then bought my very first new car to take out east to college which lasted me the whole 4 years, this 1984 trans that I drove for 6 years

before switching to a White 91 Chrysler Lebaron GTC ragtop then to a '96 Wine Red Chrysler convertible Sebring on to my present 2003 Silver Sebring Convert all of which I loved and had absolutely no problems with a single of these cars, NOT A ONE..pretty lucky I guess

It seems like the cars I like will never return with Pontiac being canned and Chysler apparently not too far behind both gowing the way of the Studebakers and DeSoto's meanwhile Hitler's Volkswagen is still chugging along.......go figure.
GM to cut 21,000 US factory jobs, shed Pontiac:

The Associated Press: "DETROIT (AP) — General Motors Corp. could be majority owned by the federal government under a massive restructuring plan laid out Monday that will cut 21,000 U.S. factory jobs by next year and phase out the storied Pontiac brand.

The plan, which includes an offer to swap roughly $27 billion in bond debt for GM stock, would leave current shareholders holding just 1 percent of the century-old company, which is fighting for its life in the worst auto sales climate in 27 years.

GM is living on $15.4 billion in government loans and said Monday in a filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission that it envisions receiving an additional $11.6 billion. But if GM's restructuring plan can't satisfy the government by June 1, the struggling company could go into bankruptcy protection."


Share/Bookmark

The urge to save humanity is always a false front for the urge to rule it. H. L. Mencken

6 comments:

  1. I'll miss the Pontiac. I expect some of them will be on the road as long as Congress allows. Instant classics.

    I had to laugh at this: "I was one those young gold chain wearing "Guido" guys in the 80's..."! I wanted to be one (well before the '80's, but was (still am) too Norwegian to pass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you know my friends all ribbed my brother and I, Italian Americans with gold chain deal, It worked for me back then in the day. I was a John Travolta look alike, I just look like him so people would kid us, Hey Guido Felitto..etc etc.. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had one of the cool Trans Ams. I was really hoping Pontic would create a retro version.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Which one. the Old style 78 or the Knight Rider clone which I really wanted in Blue and Silver but they didn't have anymore. One thing is those cars are off the roads completely, those 84' s you never ever see one today, at least not in Chicago but you'll see those beat to shit older ones being driven by you know who.... .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Was Pontiac losing money? This division turned out some cool cars. Now that they're in bed with Uncle Sam, they'll be turning out nothing but hybrid crap boxes that nobody this side of San Francisco will want to get anywhere near.

    Maybe they can name a model Obama... Saves energy by running on hot air...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pontiac was not losing money..... It was the government's call. Here in MI it is not going over well... I guess the Obama task force knows everything about everything who knew?

    ReplyDelete

Some rules: No leftwing attacks nor Obama supporters so don't waste you're time & especially mine. All 99% others welcome to have your say.

Google
 
Web chicagoray.com
chicagoray.blogspot.com

One last thing...Fair Use, Photoshop Usage, Legal

Statement on Fair Use

This site may contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner or may be authorized or licensed for publication at this site only. Permission to copy, republish or reproduce such material must be obtained from the original copyright owner PHOTOSHOP STUFF.....When the photoshops appear on this site they either have my name on them becuase I made them or tweaked an original in which case I link to the original by clicking the pic. Please take all you want, that's why they're here, just leave the name as is like I do, and I would be eternally grateful. Ask and I'll tweak it for your site if you need it... More here


Back To The Page Top