> Obama Regime Report < Obama Regime Report: Katrina Boondoggle Continues Coming to Light

Today's world headlines

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Katrina Boondoggle Continues Coming to Light

Back in September of 2005, during Katrina's aftermath I foresaw this Governmental waste and possibility for abuse occurring as many others did, which prompted me to create a parody that was criticized then for it's supposed meanness and the comment on my blog at the time, Right Wing Ruminations. This caused my posting privileges being suspended on Free Republic of all places after placing it and them there as well, believe it or not

Turns out it was I was quite accurate according to all the auditing being done as to what these cards were actually used for by many of their recipients. Sometimes the truth and the obvious hurts.

My Way News - FEMA Funds Spent on Divorce, Sex Change: "WASHINGTON (AP) - Houston divorce lawyer Mark Lipkin says he can't recall anyone paying for his services with a FEMA debit card, but congressional investigators say one of his clients did just that.

The $1,000 payment was just one example cited in an audit that concluded that up to $1.4 billion - perhaps as much as 16 percent of the billions of dollars in assistance expended after Hurricanes Katrina and Rita - was spent for bogus reasons.

The Federal Emergency Management Agency also was hoodwinked to pay for season football tickets, a tropical vacation and a sex change operation, the audit found. Prison inmates, a supposed victim who used a New Orleans cemetery for a home address and a person who spent 70 days at a Hawaiian hotel all were able to get taxpayer help, according to evidence that gives a new black eye to the nation's disaster relief agency.

'I do Katrina victims all the time,' Lipkin, the divorce attorney, told The Associated Press. 'I didn't know anybody did that with me. I don't think it's right, obviously.'" more

In another related story: PERFECT $TORM OF FEMA SCAMS


Share/Bookmark

The urge to save humanity is always a false front for the urge to rule it. H. L. Mencken

2 comments:

  1. I guess sometimes the truth, especially when it is an ugly truth, hurts, Ray.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going through the old archives to write this Fargo story I just posted and came across this comment from years ago man that I musta missed back then man,

    we been friends for almost three years now Leo, what a freak out..time flies when you're fighting liberals and fat fuck congressman doesn;t it..

    that is if you get the reminder email from this comment tonight on March 28th 2009 from June 2006.....

    ReplyDelete

Some rules: No leftwing attacks nor Obama supporters so don't waste you're time & especially mine. All 99% others welcome to have your say.

Google
 
Web chicagoray.com
chicagoray.blogspot.com

One last thing...Fair Use, Photoshop Usage, Legal

Statement on Fair Use

This site may contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner or may be authorized or licensed for publication at this site only. Permission to copy, republish or reproduce such material must be obtained from the original copyright owner PHOTOSHOP STUFF.....When the photoshops appear on this site they either have my name on them becuase I made them or tweaked an original in which case I link to the original by clicking the pic. Please take all you want, that's why they're here, just leave the name as is like I do, and I would be eternally grateful. Ask and I'll tweak it for your site if you need it... More here


Back To The Page Top