> Obama Regime Report < Obama Regime Report: Big Chicago Story As Roger Ebert Recovers

Today's world headlines

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Big Chicago Story As Roger Ebert Recovers

This is a bit of a sad story getting hopefully much better, as the original movie critiquing tandem of Siskel & Ebert, based in Chicago was changed as most know to Ebert & Roeper after the quick, sad and unexpected death of his longtime partner in 1999, Gene Siskel, of cancer. All worked or work for the Chicago Sun Times.

The Siskel story hit home for me at the time because 10 years earlier than he, I was fortunate enough to recover from similar brain surgeries but was spared the malignant cancer diagnosis he received eventually leading to his death.

I had an abcess in my right temporal lobe that required what was thankfully successful removal, which at the time, 1989 was very risky surgery and I suppose still is. This was caused by a car accident in which I was a front seat passenger and thrown through a windshield, leaving undetected microscopic glass slivers in my right eye which eventually worked their/it's way into my optic nerve and caused a tennis ball sized abcess.

In any event, Roger Ebert is on the road to recovery from a recent battle with cancer himself that kind of slipped under the radar of many major news outlets for some strange reason at least to me.

Good luck and wishes to him.
Ebert hopes to recover in time for Academy Awards, Cannes | Chicago Tribune: "CHICAGO -- Film critic Roger Ebert describes his recent battle with cancer and says he hopes to be fully recovered in time for the Academy Awards and the Cannes Film Festival in a letter to readers published Thursday.

The letter in the Chicago Sun-Times says the Pulitzer Prize winning writer and co-host of the 'Ebert & Roeper' television show is looking forward to getting back to work full-time early next year.

'One thing I've discovered is that I love my job more than I thought I did, and I love my wife even more!' he wrote.

Ebert, famous for his 'thumbs up' or 'thumbs down' critiques, had surgery June 16 to remove a cancerous growth on his salivary gland. He also had emergency surgery July 1 after a blood vessel burst near the site of the operation. " read more
Filed under Miscellaneous


Share/Bookmark

The urge to save humanity is always a false front for the urge to rule it. H. L. Mencken

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some rules: No leftwing attacks nor Obama supporters so don't waste you're time & especially mine. All 99% others welcome to have your say.

Google
 
Web chicagoray.com
chicagoray.blogspot.com

One last thing...Fair Use, Photoshop Usage, Legal

Statement on Fair Use

This site may contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner or may be authorized or licensed for publication at this site only. Permission to copy, republish or reproduce such material must be obtained from the original copyright owner PHOTOSHOP STUFF.....When the photoshops appear on this site they either have my name on them becuase I made them or tweaked an original in which case I link to the original by clicking the pic. Please take all you want, that's why they're here, just leave the name as is like I do, and I would be eternally grateful. Ask and I'll tweak it for your site if you need it... More here


Back To The Page Top